So much to do
Buitenstekloof Mountain Cottages offers various activities on and around the farm: Early morning and just before sunset you may encounter the klipspringer pair or other small game coming down to the water.
Birdwatchers will enjoy viewing the nearly 100 different bird species on the farm, ranging from the Witkruis arend to the lovely suikerbekkie. Or watch the antics of our four-footed friends as they roam the mountains.
- Walking, hiking, climbing
- Fynbos, small game
- Relaxing in private plunge pool
- Mountain biking
- Star gazing
- Wine tasting
Hiking & Kloofing
- Leisurely stroll up the kloof through our Great Grace Grove and Engeltjiesbos
- Picnic Hike - Take a stroll or hike in the kloof through the various poplar groves, & our Great Grace Grove, to the giant old oak tree, probably planted by the very first owners. You may even take a picnic basket for a picnic under its canopy…
- Bakenkop Trail
- Waterfall Hiking Trail - Go kloofing and hike to the waterfall cascading down a 10 m chimney in the Langeberg Mountains. Difficulty: Medium fitness level, suited for children, bit of rock scrambling last 100 m. Time: 2.5 hours to waterfall and 2 hours back
- Langeberg Summit Trail - Hike right to the Langeberg Summit for a stunning vista and birds eye view. Difficulty: Experienced hikers, for the fit and brave at heart. Time: 5.5 hours up and 5.5 hours down
Wildlife & Bird Watching
- Wildlife include 5 types of small game, small spotted genet, dassies, mongoose, baboons, porcupine and others.
- Tortoises : Leopard Mountain Tortoise Sanctuary and Rooipensies
- Bring you binoculars: Black Eagle, black sparrow hawk, sunbirds (Almost 100 different species)